Senior Civil Design Engineer – Land Development
Due to the interstate relocation of one of our senior engineers we have a vacancy for a talented and experienced civil engineer, who can demonstrate a sound understanding in land development infrastructure design.
KLM Spatial has been providing consultancy services for over 30 years and is a multi-disciplined organistaion (i.e. Town Planning, Surveying and Civil Engineering), committed to providing land development solutions to our clients and the wider community.
Our organisation consist of more than 40 key personal of various nationalities and cultures, making KLM Spatial a diverse team that prides itself on its positive culture. Our engineering department is especially committed to gender equality with the department achieving a positive balance of males and females whom all work closely as a team, united by common goals and strong leadership.
In terms of location, we are located in Melbourne’s South East and reside in purpose built workplace which has been designed to be both modern and a functional space with a view to encourage strong inter –departmental discussion and solutions.
A key consideration for any candidate wishing to apply for this role, is that we are not simply looking for someone who addresses the key selection criteria or has the relevant technical skills, we are looking for someone who will make a positive contribution to the team by way of a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and has a high level of initiative.
Here at KLM Spatial, we pride ourselves on achieving a strong work life balance and providing a sense of family rather than a corporate structure that alienates those with different goals and motivations. In short if you are someone who has the technical skills but is also looking for a workplace that is inclusive, fun and focused on promoting strong values such comradery, unity and equality, you are strongly encouraged to apply, with a view to join our ever-expanding vibrant team.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or similar is expected, as is being a MIE (Aust)
- A passion for, enthusiastic about and committed to engineering;
- Self-belief and desire for excellence;
- Imagination and ability to think laterally; and
- Solution based.
Technical requirements (with an emphasis on strong engineering design skills) :
- Road Design
- Horizontal & Vertical alignment
- Strategy, Minor & Major Flow Analysis and Design
- WSUD – MUSIC, Functional & Detail Design
- Sewer Reticulation (MRWA & AS3500)
- Water Supply (Potable & NDW) (MRWA & AS3500) (Holder of DAS Accreditation)
*It is expected that the applicant is highly proficient in the use of 12D as this is the design tool of choice within KLMS.
Additional Role Requirements:
- Training, management and mentoring of other design engineers with varied levels of experience;
- Certifying and approving designs;
- Setting & monitoring project design quality/programming/time and cost;
- Liaison with clients and authorities; and
- Negotiating & gaining design approvals.
Typically the successful applicant will have 10 + years’ experience, however if you do not meet this requirement but believe you are the right person for the job please feel free to apply.
The salary associated with this position is set to attract the industry’s best.
Download the full Position Description
You must have the ability to live and work in Australia to apply for this job, applications may be submitted with the subject line: Position #20170501 by email to email@example.com