KLM Spatial is pleased to announce that we are fully authorized by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority to undertake aerial surveys. All KLM Spatial Pilots have appropriate UAV Controller and Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificates.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Remote Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) and Drones have now become another tool for KLM Spatial surveyors to measure and map sites. Our in house expertise and in-depth experience in analogue and digital photogrammetry including its underlying principles, and application enables us to provide clients with data fit for purpose.
Aerial Survey data can be manipulated by our professional team to meet the needs of:
- Land Managers
- Town Planners
- Real Estate Agents
- Civil Contractors
KLM Spatial can assist throughout the entire aerial mapping processes which comprises of:
- Planning: An initial consultation with one of our in house experts will determine if an Aerial Survey is appropriate and the best solution for your project.
- Field Survey:
- Ground Control: Utilizing the latest GNSS/GPS technology our surveyors will place ground control marks on either your local site datum or Australian Height Datum (AHD) and Map Grid Australia (MGA). This is a critical step in ensuring the highest possible accuracies are achieved.
- Data Capture: Utilizing a UAV suitable for your sites conditions, the data will be captured at the appropriate altitude to ensure that the required accuracies are achieved.
Processing: The pilot who flew your project will process the data utilizing appropriate software package. Typical output data will consist of:
- Rectified Ortho Aerial Photo in .tif format. KLM Spatial can issue other formats at request.
- 3D triangle file of the Digital Elevation Model (DEM) cleaned to suit the intended purpose in AutoCAD format.
- Plan of Aerial Survey comprising of contours, aerial photos, and VicMap boundaries in PDF and AutoCAD format.
- Volume Calculations at request.
For further details please don’t hesitate to contact us.